Where can I find help?

Treatment in BC 101

In BC, there are many different options for individuals looking for help or treatment for an eating disorder. If you haven’t already, a good first step is to visit your family doctor (if you do not have a family doctor, you can access a doctor through a walk-in clinic). The doctor can do an initial assessment, and will be able to refer you to appropriate supports based on that assessment.

In the Treatment Options section of the site, a number of different treatment possibilities are discussed. Note that depending on where you live in BC and the results of your initial assessment, treatment options may vary. If your doctor feels that treatment is warranted, they will need to refer you to an eating disorders program within your community. Most programs require your doctor to fill out a referral form and may have their own additional requirements, such as labwork, in order to start the referral process. To see a list of Eating Disorders programs by community, visit our Program Locator.

The BC Children’s Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre is available to explain these options to you, and what you can expect if you are entering treatment. Whatever stage of the journey you are at, if you have questions about treatment in BC, contact the Kelty Centre to speak to someone about your options.

Resource List

  • Eating Disorders and Substance Use Programs in BC ( English )
  • Eating Disorders and Substance Use Graphic ( English )
Treatment Options: How do you treat an eating disorder? Recovery: What is recovery?

Your browser is out of date!

It looks like you're using an old version of Internet Explorer. For the best experience, please update your browser.

Update Internet Explorer or learn how to browse happy.

If you would like to continue to the site using your current browser, click here.

Are you in crisis? Contact the Crisis Line from anywhere in BC (no area code needed): 310-6789

Connect With Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre: http://keltymentalhealth.ca/contact