Provincial Eating Disorders Awareness Week
The Provincial Eating Disorders Awareness (PEDAW) Campaign: love our bodies, love ourselves, is launched every year from February 1-7 with activities and events taking place throughout the year. It is a province wide effort, brought to you by Jessie’s Legacy Eating Disorders Prevention & Awareness Program, to raise awareness around prevention and early intervention of eating disorders as well as media literacy, resiliency, building healthy body image and self-esteem.
We ask you to take part in supporting the ongoing love our bodies, love ourselves movement in promoting health and preventing disordered eating and eating disorders. We hope you can take an active role to support the launch of this movement and start some meaningful and engaging discussions, as well as activities at your school, your family or your workplace!
- Become a love our bodies, love ourselves advocate! We always need help getting the word out about the love our bodies, love ourselves! movement! You can participate and join in by sharing our posts, images, videos, etc. through social media and using our hashtags: #loveourbodies, #pedaw, #Purple4PEDAW
- Become a guest blogger! For more information, see criteria listed here: http://goo.gl/forms/KI2wiyPkHN
- Host your own community event! We have a number of ideas for you to try out in your own community to help bring awareness. Want to book a display window in your community library? How about organizing a flashmob? Download our kit here: http://bit.ly/1MG9yYX And remember to share with us what activities you have planned through our online events calendar. http://goo.gl/forms/gyyLN6NWeX
- Create a PEDAW window display at your local library! To get started, fill out our form here: http://goo.gl/forms/GY63vpjYDy
- Stay in touch! Sign up for our quarterly Jessie’s Legacy Eating Disorders Prevention Program newsletter here: http://bit.ly/1R093Ks and click on “Jessie’s Legacy” to receive updates and events on eating disorders prevention and awareness!
- Sign up for your organization to light up #Purple4PEDAW: https://goo.gl/forms/jbdKeT7n4lap0IKn2
CHECK OUT ALL OF THE 2017 PEDAW ACTIVITIES LISTED HERE: BIT.LY/PEDAW2017